Coronavirus: Update regarding current Dental Services
Updated September 2021
Update from the practice principal
We are pleased to announce we have now opened our waiting rooms and reception for patients attending and booking appointments. The waiting rooms will have limited capacity to encourage social distancing. We ask that if you arrive early for your appointment please wait in your car or outside until 5 minutes prior to your visit, before entering and letting the reception know you are here, you may still be asked your Covid status. If our waiting rooms are full, we still may ask you to wait outside until a seat becomes available.
We will ask that;
- All patients please wear a facemask in the building unless you are medically exempt.
- Only patients with appointments attend the surgery. If a chaperone is necessary, please only one person to assist.
- Only 1 person to represent the family at reception to take payments and book further appointments if possible.
- If you are exempt from dental charges, you must bring proof with you to your appointment.
- We may still be operating a one-way system and may ask you to leave by the rear door.
- Any aggression towards staff will not be tolerated, we still have reduced capacity due to our infection control measures in use to protect everyone
We thank you all for your cooperation.
If you are calling outside of normal hours and have an urgent dental problem, please consider if this could wait until the following day or over the weekend rather than accessing the out of hours services.
If calling out of hours and the problem is extremely severe please contact the out of hours service through NHS111.
If your dental problem includes uncontrolled bleeding and a swelling that is causing breathing problems this is an emergency and you should go to A&E
Welcome to South Cave Dental Surgery. We are currently accepting limited new patients, both adults and children. Our access service is reduced due to Covid circumstances, and we have a waiting list for NHS patients at present. In addition we also run a Private and Denplan service. We aim to offer top quality, affordable dental care for the whole family.
Our opening hours have been temporarily changed:
- Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm
- Saturdays – 9am to 12.30pm (by appointment only)
- Sundays – CLOSED
We opened (wide) in 1984. From a single surgery run on a part-time basis the practice just grew and grew. We are today one of the largest dental practices in the East Riding caring for the dental needs of around eighteen thousand people. We employ a large team of dental care professionals; nine dentists, one therapist, two dental hygienists and a full time practice manager all of whom rely on the tireless support of a small and dedicated army of nurses and receptionists.
Our Philosophy of Care
Can be summarised in just three words. Prevention, prevention and prevention. We believe that both tooth decay and gum disease, the major causes of tooth loss, are essentially preventable. This can only be achieved through regular check-ups, good communication and a friendly, caring, team based approach. We aim to treat each person as an individual, respectfully and non-judgementally.